Note: The Test Account Setting button on Outlook 2003
registers false negatives. Though Outlook may think it will not work, it does. This
may have been fixed in newer versions.
You should be able to send email.
- From the "Tools" menu, choose "Email Accounts"
- Select "View or change existing email accounts"
- Select the desired email account if you have more than one
- Click the "Change" button
- Change the SMTP server to mail.yourdomain.tld (Instead of yourdomain.tld
use your actual domain.)
- Click the "More Settings" Button
- The SMTP Server requires authentication. (It does not use
Secure Password Authentication (SPA)
- Use your email address for the User Name
- Use your email password for the Password
- Once you change this, you need to go back in and change the SMTP port to
587 (This is set in the "Advanced" tab)
- Click Finish