Knowledge Base: Hosting - E-mail Management: Set Up Filter Rule in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Log in to Thunderbird
- Create a folder if there isn't one for the spam (from the File menu,
choose "New" then "Folder")
- From the "Tools' Menu, choose "Message Filters"
- Select the account you wish to filter from the drop-down list
- Click the "New" button
- Give the rule a descriptive name (Optional but suggested)
- Enter the text, "***SPAM***" in the empty field in the top pane
- Choose "Move Message To" in the drop-down list in the bottom pane.
- Select the folder in the other drop-down list in the bottm pane (I named
mine "Junk mail")
- Click the "Ok" Button