To do this in Outlook Express:
SMTP Authentication should now be properly configured.
- From the "Tools" menu, choose "Accounts"
- Select the mail tab and the account you need to change
- Click the "Properties" button
- Choose the "Servers" tab
- Check the "My Outgoing server requires authentication" box if neccessary
- Click the Settings button
- Select "Log on Using"
- Enter your entire email address and email password
- Ensure the Secure Authentication is NOT selected
- Click Apply, OK, and Close